How has your Lenten Journey been thus far? We’ve pushed past the halfway point, rounding the corner of the 4th Sunday of Lent. Now is the time where it may be tempting to turn on auto pilot and drift through. Saturday’s first reading from Hosea was a beautiful invitation to remain steadfast:
“Come, let us return to the LORD,
it is he who has rent, but he will heal us;
he has struck us, but he will bind our wounds.
He will revive us after two days;
on the third day he will raise us up,
to live in his presence.
Let us know, let us strive to know the LORD;
as certain as the dawn is his coming,
and his judgment shines forth like the light of day!
He will come to us like the rain,
like spring rain that waters the earth.”
The Catechism also provides guidance as to what we can focus on and participate in for spiritual growth. “The interior penance of the Christian can be expressed in many and various ways. Scripture and the Fathers insist above all on three forms, fasting, prayer, and almsgiving, which express conversion in relation to oneself, to God, and to others…The seasons and days of penance in the course of the liturgical year (Lent, and each Friday in memory of the death of the Lord) are intense moments of the Church’s penitential practice. These times are particularly appropriate for spiritual exercises, penitential liturgies, pilgrimages as signs of penance, voluntary self-denial such as fasting and almsgiving, and fraternal sharing (charitable and missionary works).” – The Catechism of the Catholic Church, Paragraphs 1434, 1438
Where am I going with all of this? Well, I’ve heard the call to return to the desert. In about two weeks I will be setting out into the Mexican desert, joining a small group of missionaries mainly from Louisiana, to serve. Relying on the Spirit, our hearts have been stirred up to give a gift to the Church – more details below. As you may know, Mission work does not exist in a vacuum – there are many ways that we rely on the body of Christ to accomplish it. If your Lenten Almsgiving has been lacking, please consider contributing to our Mission.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It
- PRAY! Fruitful work must be rooted in prayer. Please pray for this mission and everything and everyone involved.
- Only for friends in the Eunice/Lafayette and nearby areas of Louisiana, there is an opportunity to purchase fundraiser items from the Signature Collection that Walnut Street has become known for. Click on this menu for selections. See order notes below as to how to proceed, and contact me to place your order (firstname.lastname@example.org). Unfortunately these goodies aren’t able to ship at this point, hence the orders for only pick-up or delivery (within a 10 mile radius). Thank you!
- Those of you who wish to make a donation, we greatly appreciate your generosity! Checks should be made out to: Missions of Charity and mailed to 3010 Fournerat Rd, Eunice, Louisiana 70535. In order for me to track, thank and ensure you get a charitable donation receipt, please email me your name, address, and charitable donation amount at email@example.com (my Mission email).
Beyond praying for our benefactors, I also will be taking any intentions given me to intercede for throughout our mission. Please feel free to leave a comment with your prayer intention, or to email it to my Mission email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPORT MISSION: To RENEW, INSPIRE & EQUIP the Called
Missions of Charity will return to Coahuila, Mexico, to film a documentary to support future missions. Serving as a visual testimony to help bring renewal, inspiration and equip those serving and discerning to serve others. You can help by purchasing these products if you live in the Eunice, Louisiana area and/or donating monetarily.
FUNDRAISER ORDER DETAILS:
- Place orders with the individual participants
- Pay in advance by cash or check made payable to Missions of Charity.
- Products will be frozen and include simple table-ready finishing instructions.
- Deadline to order is Friday March, 19th by noon
- Pick-up and delivery (within a 10 mile radius of the Atrium) day is Thursday, March 25th between 4:00 and 7:00 pm.
- Questions? Call 337-457-3772
- All profits from the products sold are to benefit exclusively the project disclosed herein and the travel expenses of those participating on the development of the same.
From the Kitchen of Walnut Street
Enjoy proven food products from our Signature Collection meanwhile supporting this mission fundraiser
Delicious items such as…
- Stuffed Sausage Cheese Bread
- Carnita Pork Roast with Au Jus, 4# average
- Walnut Cream Brownies
- Irene’s Apple Nut Cake, Springtime Tulip Bundt
No gift is too small, no prayer goes unanswered. The missionaries and those we will encounter thank you in advance for your support, friends! And press on in your Lenten journey!